Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bills You Just Won't Believe- It Ain't Pretty

For the love of everything good and holy! 
Do you have any idea some of the poppycock that is being filed on your time and money at our Capitol?


If I hadn't read it for myself I can say I surely would not~ 

Rep.Gary Smith's (D-Camden) has filed  HB1625  which completely prohibits Pee Wee sports practice if temp or heat index is over 85 degrees.  Doesn't that cut out about 7 months here in Arkansas.




And then there is the Hamburger Bill (SB408) filed by Senator Percy Malone (D-Arkadelphia) states that a restaurant that sells hamburger meat that has not been heated to at least 155° F for at least fifteen seconds place a disclaimer on their menu. There are more like these and even more absurd if you can imagine. 


I heard Rep Terry Rice (R- Waldron) say the other day something to the affect that if we keep passing these kinds of bills he is going to just go lay in his bed and hope that an airplane does not crash into in home and kill him. LOL.. I have to agree. Are we going to regulate or ban everything that someone has been injured or killed from. Drinking water, eating grapes, BREATHING~ 


How in the world do legislators plan on implementing and enforcing these laws? Want to know the repercussions of the sports law~ "If a coach violates this section, the parent of a child who is a member of the team is entitled to a full refund of all fees and costs associated with the registration of the child for the pee-wee athletic organization for that season." WHAT? Well that oughta stop it!


And the Hamburger law? There is no penalty described in the bill... ARGGGG 

This is a waste of tax payer time and money. There are now over 1541 bills that have been filed and more are streaming in everyday. These are laws and regulations that make decisions for your family and mine. Where we live, if we can open a business, food we can eat, for heaven sakes when our kids can practice sports!

It will take you and I both calling and being involved to get this type stuff stopped~ GET INFORMED AND ENGAGED~ 

3 comments:

Bill Hilser said...

I eat at the Hamburger Barn in Arkadelphia because when I order a medium-rare burger, I get a medium-rare burger. Reddish-pink in the inside, charred on the outside. Just the way I likes 'em. I stopped eating at Applebees because they gave me some song & dance about the law said they had to be cooked well-done. Horsefeathers!And I told them so before I got up and left. -- Yer pal in Bismarck, Ferrari Bubba

Laura Wiles said...

In addition to the ridiculousness of SB 408, Senator Percy obviously is not up on his food safety measures as it is recommended to cook ground beef to an internal temp of 160 NOT 155.

And if someone wants to eat their ground beef raw or medium-rare as Mr. Hilser prefers, that is there right (even though I don't recommend it).

Laurie L Lee said...

Bill, I like mine a lil rare too. Thanks for your comments

Laura, good point!! Thanks