Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 2011~ God's Speed~

Today’s events in Northwest Arkansas changed the direction of my New Year’s blog post a smidge.  I’d planned to list the things I learned in 2010 and how I hoped to apply that knowledge for personal changes in my life during 2011.

Being awakened by gale force winds, sirens and news flashes that people just miles away had just lost their lives, has a tendency to alter one’s perspective. It's a little more real.

As you read mine please add your own. Here’s mine:

God is good ALL the time, regardless of what happens to me personally, He is sovereign and is plan is perfect. 

Prayer is highly underestimated.

Being prepared for the unexpected but probable is paramount; whether it is weather related, family, self-imposed or caused by others.

It’s wise to know who my true friends are. It’s wise to know my strengths and weaknesses well. Prayer is highly underestimated.

Always live within my means. 

Stuff is just that – stuff. Stick to the basics because they make me happier.

The less I have the more it does.

I need to stay informed~ Readers are Leaders  

Community is essential to life.

If not me, who? If not now, when? 

Always listen to that quiet, still voice inside and react accordingly

Experts are mostly self proclaimed aggrandizers, or people who others need to be there for their own ends.

I can’t change anyone, nor should I try. I can be sure I have my facts right, and be an example to others.

Truth is not subjective. 

Cliché’s are repeated for a reason.

Anything worth having MUST be worked for.

My word is more valuable than anything else I will ever have. 

Words are powerful. In the beginning was the Word. They easily wound others, sometimes forever. 

Right is not always legal and legal is not always right.

Relationships require work, often hard work, yet worth every resulting tear. 

Prayer is highly underestimated.

My children watch me more than they listen to me and what they see matters the most. 

People crave relationships. 

No one has it all figured out, not even close. 

Everyone struggles and needs friends. 

Every passing face on the street represents a story as compelling and complicated as my own. 

People can be hard to love and even harder to like. 

Humor at others expense is mean rather than funny. 

People armed with facts don’t get angry and those with conviction hate violence.

Humans cannot destroy the planet but we can make it a horrendous place to live. And we are

Prayer is underestimated. 

Debt is an evil that eagerly devours souls. 

Helping people is messy business but the rewards are eternal.

Most of what we see is only the impression of what we believe we see. 

Ignorant people are easily manipulated, effortlessly frightened and therefore follow those who only APPEAR to be knowledgeable and valiant. 

Knowledge is power.

Pray like it depends on God and work like it depends on you. 

Everyone you meet is better than you at something. 

Comfort is an addiction in this world that wrecks dreams and breaks people

I am not the center of God’s Universe, He is.

Everyone is a hypocrite. 

Things are never as bad or as good as I think they will be. 

Nature is a natural sedative. 
Work smart, not just hard. 

Time is a treasure; we never know how much we have. To waste it is unconscionable.

Everyone has a purpose

Car time is the best time with my kids, everyone grows closer. 

Prayer is highly underestimated  

I need always to put relationships over rules

GOD IS IN CONTROL

These are the top 50 things that I either learned or were reinforced in my life throughout 2010:
    To apply my knowledge I am embarking on a life altering quest in 2011 which I am calling “The Intentional Interactive Existence.”
   Taking my 5 top priorities in life: God, Family, Friends, Community and Job and breaking them down as simply as possible so that I can make a concerted effort to become a more faithful servant, devoted wife, blessing to my children, authentic friend, helpful neighbor and diligent worker.
    Each week over the next five weeks I am going to journal about my quest and I invite you to share with me, and others that might be reading this blog, things that are helpful.  Books you may have read, people you’ve talked with, experiences you’ve had, etc. It all counts in growing the mind and spirit.
   I truly believe that we are a people who need each other and my prayer and desire of my heart is to help be a catalyst to build stronger families and communities, starting with my own.
     My first step is to examine my relationship with God. I desire to have a more intimate relationship with the Creator of the universe. I will accomplish this through spending more time intentionally getting to know Him by
1)    Prayer
2)    Reading the Word
3)    Spending time with people of faith,
4)   Glorifying Him by gracefully spreading His message through my words, actions and deeds.

 Step 2 in my quest will be Family, followed by friends, community and job.

No comments: